Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Puddle Jumping!

Ok, I am officially the COOLEST mom EVER:)

It rained all day today, until about 3pm when it suddenly cleared up completely. The kids were going a bit stir crazy from being in the house all day so we decided to take a little trip to the park down the street since it was now warm and sunny outside (we live in the tropics).

As we pile out of the car, my big guy takes a running leap and goes flying into a huge puddle, splashing everyone! My first instinct was to reprimand him, but the next thing I knew, the words, "ok guys, lets go puddle jumping!" came out of my mouth!

My goodness, the giggles, the squeals of delight as they jumped from puddle to puddle- I dont think there is any amusement park or anything out there that could have gotten the absolute and utter fun and enjoyment these kids were having:)

After about 30 minutes, I decided we need to close it up so everyone marched back to the car, soaked and covered with mud. I am just so sorry I didn't have my camera with me:(

As we arrived home, my husband pulled in only to see a bunch of wet muddy kids... with the biggest smiles on their faces:)

"I guess its bath time!" he smiled.

So once in a while, its pretty awesome to let kids REALLY be kids~

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...