Monday, February 6, 2012

Parshas Yisro- The Luchos

Okay... I'm back with my baby wipes caps:)
This time, we made our own Luchos (tablets with the 10 Commandments)-

Here's what we did:
Took a piece of thick cardboard and covered it with this funky scrap-booking paper that the kiddos picked out.
Then glue gunned the wipe covers to the cardboard, 5 on each side:

Kiddos then decided what colors they wanted the cover of each cover should be and settled on a red and white pattern- their own unique creation.

My big guy then wrote Alef-Yud (for each commandment) on each paper and we glued them onto each cover.

Using 2 pages listing the 10 commandments from Parshas Yisro in My Parshah Reader, I made 1 copy of each. We cut out each one (one in English, one in Hebrew) and glued it inside the correct letter.

The kids really love opening and closing each one. Its great for discussions on each mitzvah. We might get more creative over the week and maybe add a picture in each one... but you can really add your own twist on this project.


And here's just a very cool thing we did that I wanted to share-
Using the tea cans from Starbucks, I covered them with different colored card stock, made a label, stuck it on and voila... some great quality storage bins that look really cute all lined up next to each other.
Just like the baby wipes, we have lots of these tea cans (we are tea drinkers in this house:) and they are so cute and so sturdy. Go us for saving the environment!

On a blog roll, so until next time~

1 comment:

  1. I so love the baby wipe cases of the ten commandments! I am totally doing that with my kids :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...