Thursday, July 12, 2012

DIY Personal Chalk Clip Boards

I have been so inspired by all these creative projects (on Pinterest and the Blogosphere) using chalk board paint, so much so that I ordered some HERE and could not wait to get started...

It arrived yesterday and I was so excited. My hubby had some extra clip boards that he brought home from his office and last night while all the kiddies were sleeping, I got to work.


I made 3 clip/chalk boards in total- it took me about 2 minutes each one and let it dry over night. I did 2 coats using a sponge to paint it on.




The kids LOVED them. They drew for a while, it was awesome.

I was so inspired, I painted a large cookie sheet too, to have a magnetic chalk board (how cool will that be?) but I have to tell you, I think its the metal, because I had to do about 4 coats, let it dry and do a few more coats to get rid of the streaking. Something to keep in mind before you try it. I am sure there are other ways to do it, but I'm not one for primers and shmimers and what not. 

Hope your week is going well and have a wonderful and peaceful Shabbos!
Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...