Wednesday, June 11, 2014

How Peter Walsh changed my life...

After one very long day, staring at a mountain of books on the floor and a messy playroom, I just felt like such an organizing failure.

I decided to try my luck and email Peter Walsh on Facebook, asking him for some organizing tips to help me with my sanity.

Peter Walsh is a professional organizer... he's on TV, wrote a bunch of books and is a pretty famous guy. He was on Oprah, is featured in O Magazine and is pretty big in the organizing world. Here's a link to his website- Click Here

This is what our conversation looked like- and I was SO impressed with how fast he got back to me!


I think this man just summed up my life.

I'd always thought I had an 'organizing' problem, always getting new bins and baskets, constantly rearranging things, thinking that THIS will keep things organized.

But after reading Peters reply, it was like this big light bulb went off in my head.

My problem is not organizing. I'm actually pretty good at it.

My real problem is delegation and consistency. 

Delegating to my kids to clean up after themselves and being consistent about doing it.

I can have the best organizational system in the world, but if my kids don't clean up after themselves, its really not going to work.

I was constantly oiling the same wheel instead of fixing the broken one- meaning that I was constantly reorganizing things instead of implementing systems to KEEP things organized.

Its definitely a pain to constantly have to be on top of the kids making sure that they clean up after themselves, but in the long run, it will come naturally to them and in turn we will have a somewhat tidy house.

So there we have it. Peter, you rock.
I feel like a new woman. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week,
Always, 
\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...